1. Applications will be accepted during an open admissions window (December 19, 2022 – March 1, 2022)
2. Complete a student application by the deadline - 11:59 p.m. on March 1, 2022.
3. Following the admissions window applications shall be counted to determine whether any grade level has received more applications than there is seat availability. In the event this happens, CGA will hold a public lottery to determine admission for the impacted grade level(s).
4. If your student is offered a seat at CGA in 2023-24 lottery, we will contact you with an official offer of enrollment by Friday, March 17, 2022. Families must reply to this offer with additional paperwork to complete their student’s registration.
5. If your student is not offered a seat at CGA in the 2023-24 lottery due to capacity, he or she will be placed on a wait list according to their draw in the public random drawing. This wait list, called an admission priority list, will allow students the option of enrollment in the case of an opening during the current school year.
6. After the admission priority list has been exhausted or at the conclusion of the school year, CGA will advertise if a space has become available and applications are being accepted. If more applications are submitted than there are spaces are available, another public lottery will be conducted for the open spaces as described above.
1) The recommended and most convenient method is to fill an online application form on the school website. Spanish and English forms are available.
3) In addition, parents can call us at (559) 575-0587 to request that we mail a print copy of our application to their home.
Parents who are interested in learning more about Clovis Global Academy may visit our website, request and read our Charter, or follow us on Facebook, to receive school-related news and announcements. It is highly recommended that families who are interested in enrolling students at Clovis Global Academy attend an informational meeting on February 15, 2023 via Zoom to learn more about our program.
Many of the frequently asked questions are addressed in our FAQ section, but if your family has any questions regarding admissions or the required paperwork, you may email the CGA at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (559) 575-0587 for assistance.
Be sure you have completed the entire application. Only those applicants whose application is complete may be admitted or included in the admissions lottery.
Have every field completed on the forms
Have a student’s date of birth that is compatible with CGA’s minimum age requirement, which is consistent with State law
o Students in Kindergarten must be age 5 on or before September 1, 2023
o Students in Transitional Kindergarten (TK) must be age 5 between September 2, 2023 and April 2, 2024
· Attach a proof of residency (for Clovis Unified School District residents only)
Proof of residency shall include a legible photocopy of ANY of the following: 1) official California photo identification or driver's license, 2) utility bill (gas, water, electricity, cable or land phone only, dated within the last 90 days), 3) current automobile registration AND automobile insurance (documents count as two of required documents but must be submitted together) 4) registered property deed, 5) current mortgage statement, 6) rental/leasing agreement, 7) current homeowner's or renter's insurance policy, 8) property tax statement, 9) payroll stub from employer, 10) official letter from social services/governmental agency within the last 90 days, 11) copy of any CUSD letters or documentation of CUSD resident status within the last 90 days.
Submitting an application to CGA:
Apply online using our user-friendly application form (Spanish and English versions available).
Please call 559-575-0587 if you need assistance with filling the application.
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS ELIGIBLE FOR
THE 2023-24 ACADEMIC YEAR LOTTERY IS MONDAY, MARCH 1, 2023 BY 11:59 PM.
No late application shall be included in the lottery, and no extensions shall be granted. Late applications received for the 2023-24 year shall be placed on the admissions priority list after all of the lottery participants, and in the order in which they are received.
Following the admissions window applications shall be counted to determine whether any grade level has received more applications than there is seat availability. In the event this happens, CGA will hold a public lottery on Wednesday, March 15, 2023 at 5:00 PM to determine admission for the impacted grade level(s).
Admission preferences in the case of a lottery shall be given to the following students in the following order:
· Consistent with state and federal law, children of CGA employees and Board members are admitted to CGA with lottery exemption.
· Siblings of admitted pupils, currently enrolled students, or graduates of CGA are also admitted to CGA with lottery exemption.
· Students who are currently enrolled in, or who reside in the attendance area of Sierra Vista Elementary School (4:1 weighting factor in the admissions lottery)
· Students residing within the boundaries of the Clovis Unified School District (2:1 weighting factor in the admissions lottery)
· All other students residing outside the boundaries of Clovis Unified, who wish to attend the Charter School (1:1 weighting factor in the admissions lottery)
At the conclusion of the public random drawing:
If your student is offered a seat at CGA in 2023-24…We will contact you with an official offer of enrollment. These letters will be sent out via email on Friday, March 17, 2022. Families must reply to this offer by completing additional paperwork to officially enroll their students. This paperwork will include the following requirements, which applicants may wish to prepare for in advance:
. an original birth certificate issued by the county registrar in the state of the child’s birth, or valid passport, (If this document does not contain the parent/guardian name, additional guardianship verification is required.)
. a physician’s health examination form (available for download from the CGA site),
· an original immunization record (typically a yellow card). (To help families schedule and complete the required immunizations before the deadline, a list of the required immunizations is available for your review on the Shots for Schools website)
If your student is not offered a seat at CGA in 2023-24…We will contact you to indicate that your student was not chosen in the lottery for attendance in 2023-24. These letters will be sent out via email on Tuesday, March 21, 2023. Your student’s name and information will be recorded on a waiting list, called an admissions priority list, in the order in which it was drawn in the lottery. If a vacancy occurs during the 2023-24 school year, CGA may contact you by phone to offer you that space, so there is still a chance that your student may end up at CGA during this school year. When an offer is made, CGA requires that applicants notify the school within 2 days to indicate whether or not they will accept; if offers are declined or applicants do not respond, the spot is then offered to the next applicant on the admissions priority list.
In no circumstance will the waiting list carry over to the following school year. The order of admission of students at any time during the semester shall be based solely on the order of applicants on the admission priority list.
After the admission priority list has been exhausted or at the conclusion of the school year, CGA will advertise if a space has become available and applications are being accepted. If more applications are submitted than there are spaces are available, another public lottery will be conducted for the open spaces as described above.
If we are unable to offer you enrollment during the current school year, you must re-apply to CGA by completing and submitting a new application during the open enrollment window for the 2024-25 school year; your application and place on the admissions priority list is only valid for one school year. CGA will be adding new classrooms and growing over its initial years; this means there will be greater capacity to serve more students. Be persistent and stay on top of the deadlines if you believe CGA is where your child belongs.